As a Pre-School we pride ourselves in providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment in which our children take their first steps in socialising away from home and to achieve this our aims are:
- To stimulate the imagination and provide education through play, in accordance with the Early Years Alliance and the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
- To encourage children’s self-confidence and develop their personal and social skills
- To introduce the concepts of problem-solving, numeracy, language and literacy through play
- To develop children’s knowledge and understanding of the world through stories, play, experience and discussions
- To promote each child’s physical and creative development though a varied curriculum using inside and outside spaces.
- To support children’s development individually and through a differentiated curriculum if required.
We have the capacity to provide childcare for 22 children aged 2, 3 & 4 years old and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum which has three prime areas:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
followed by four specific areas of development:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
We support children to develop and learn through play while also providing a range of stimulating activities to support children’s holistic development and individual needs. By doing so, we track and observe children’s development and achievement using Tapestry, please see more about Tapestry in our ‘inclusive extras’ on our website home page.
We have disabled access and facilities as well as a vast amount of knowledge and experience with special education needs and disabilities (SEND). We do our upmost to ensure every child’s needs are met and therefore, with your consent will liaise with external agencies where appropriate to ensure we are meeting our duty of care for your child.
As we accept children from 2 years old, we have a nappy changing room and will support you as a family and your child when the time is right to achieve their next milestone of using the toilet/potty.
For new starters/registration form, please download and return; 20190716104835878